BAKED MACARONI AND CHEESE
A quarter-pound of macaroni broken into inch lengths, cooked tender in three pints of salted water about twenty minutes. Drain in a colander. Now dash cold water twice over it as it remains in the colander and drain it all off.
Make a sauce of one tablespoonful each of flour and butter melted together, and one and a half cups of cold milk. Stir constantly over the fire until it thicken. Butter a deep dish and put into it a layer of macaroni, one of grated cheese, and one of this sauce, with a layer of fine bread crumbs upon the top of all. Sprinkle cheese
thickly over the crumbs and bake. Fine!
Incoming search terms:
- old time baked cheese macaroni
- baked macaroni and cheese over fire
- good old southern macaroni receipe
- mom old time Baked Macaroni and Cheese
- that boy good macaroni and cheese