Take 2 lb. of sugar, ½ lb. honey, 2 tablespoonfuls glucose or cream of tartar, 1 cupful water, white of two eggs, 1 lb. almonds, little icing sugar. Boil water and sugar together, and when beginning to boil add honey and glucose. Boil 10 minutes, or till a little stirred in a cup is as stiff as the cream that is used for chocolate creams. Take off fire, add the white of eggs beaten stiff with icing sugar. Work in the almonds previously blanched and sliced, also another ¼ lb. of icing. This makes a large quantity.
Incoming search terms:
- christmas nougat candy from the seventies
- home made candy nougat with cream of tartar
- old fashion nouget receipts
- old fashioned nougat candy recipes
- old fashioned nuget cookie recipe